The "Hamburg House" For The Expo 2010, Shanghai
In 2010, the so-called „Hamburg House“ was built for the Expo in Shanghai. It had been equipped with facilities and technical building services that meet German Passive House standards.
The „Hamburg House“, built for the Expo in Shanghai, had been equipped with facilities and technical building services that meet German Passive House standards. The building meets requirements of the Hamburg City Gold Standard and is certified accordingly.
The building is super-insulated, airtight and it uses renewable energy to fulfill those requirements. In order to produce energy for heating, air-conditioning, cooling and dehumidification purposes, a geo-thermal heat pump with drilling piles is installed.
The following systems were planned:
- concrete core temperature control in comination with a Fan-Coil-Unit (FCU)
- heating by underground convectors supported by ventilation
- air pipes in raised floors
- measurement and control system, EIB system in order to control technical installation
- PA system
- fire detection system
- sprinkler system supplying the entire building
- solar power system managing ca.30 kW p